Management practices at Merck Forest include:
- Timber Sales: production of saw timber, fuel wood and the leasing of logging sites
- Production of Maple Syrup, Vermont’s traditional alternative to commercially-produced corn syrup sweeteners.
- Wildlife Habitat Management & Biodiversity: enhancing habitat and forage opportunities for game and non-game species
- Clean Water and Carbon Sequestration: A well-managed forest is a living filter, removing impurities from rainwater and recharging local aquifers. Forests regulate climate by storing an enormous amount of carbon in their stems, branches, leaf litter and soil
- Recreation: Visitors explore and enjoy a forested landscape in a dynamic ecosystem.