Camp at Merck
A unique year-round wilderness experience in the hills of the Taconic Mountains featuring diverse landscapes and breathtaking views.
Cabins are fully enclosed and equipped with a wood-burning stove, wooden bunks, and a nearby outhouse.
Three lean-to shelters available for overnight rentals. Lean-tos have three walls, a roof, a nearby outhouse and a fire ring.
- Reservations are required for all overnight stays
- Payment is due upon reserving a camp site via MasterCard or Visa
- Reservations can be made up to one year in advance via phone or on our website
- Ten-day notice required for refunds. A $20 fee will be levied for changes within 10 days of stay.
- No refunds for cancellations because of inclement weather
12:00 pm Check-In
(Note: All sites are remote – campers must hike up to 3 miles to get to their site)
- No vehicles allowed beyond the Visitor’s Center parking area
- Campers must check in at the Visitor’s Center OR at the kiosk if arriving after hours
12:00 pm Check-Out
- All trash must be carried out
- Please be kind to campers following you and leave a small amount of dry wood and kindling
Cabins: Please respect our cabins and help keep them clean. Brooms and dustpans are provided for each cabin.
- All water from our property must be treated
- Campsites may have nearby streams or springs, but they are not dependable sources of potable water
- Water pumps are located at the farm and the Lodge
- Fires in fire rings and wood stoves only.
- Wood stoves are not for cooking. Please bring a camp stove.
- Firewood is supplied for heating purposes only from October through April and is to be used in woodstoves only. Please do not use firewood for outside campfires. Downed logs and branches may be collected for use in outdoor campfires.
- Carry in and carry out all trash and personal belongings.
- Dogs are welcome, but must be leashed around the farm and Visitor’s Center.
- No visitors or pets in pastures.
- No bicycles or any vehicle beyond the Visitor’s Center.
- Firearms are not allowed at any campsite, shelter or cabin except for during rifle and black powder season, and then only in the Hunting Zone.